Unstuffed Cabbage Roll
So simple, delicious and filling.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small cabbage,
- chopped 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
How To Prepare
- Heat the Olive oil in a Big Skillet (use medium heat)
- Saute the onions until tender
- then add the ground beef (or turkey) until the meat is browned.
- Add the garlic, cook an additional minute before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Bring them to a boil,
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer about 25 minutes (or until the cabbage is quite fork tender)