The Gravy Dilemma
Vegetable thickened gravy
1 quart of broth of your choice
Vegetables such as Carrots
3 Onions 1 Parsnips 2 Turnip 1 Celery 1-2 ribs Garlic 2-3 cloves whole Or other vegetables of your choice. ( Avoid green vegetables or cabbage !!)
1 t oil
How To Prepare
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and prepare veg for roasting,
- cutting into 2 inch pieces.
- Toss with olive oil..
- Place in foil lined roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes or until tender and brown.
- When done place in blender with enough stock to purée.
- Heat remaining stock and stir in purée. You adjust the thickness of the gravy by the amount of purée to stock.
- Season as desired. Pepper and salt is usually enough.
- You can also roast the vegetables with meat and use defatted stock in addition to broth in a can or box.