The Best Chicken Zucchini Noodle Soup, Ever!
Chicken Zucchini Noodle Soup
- ½ heaping cup diced red onion
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in, about 1.75 pounds
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium zucchinis
How To Prepare
15 min Prep Time 45 min Cook Time 1 hr Total Time
- Place a large soup pot over medium heat and add in the onions, celery, carrots, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables “sweat” and onions are translucent.
- Add in the thyme and oregano and cook for another 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Place in the chicken thighs and bay leaf and pour in the chicken broth, water and cover and let come to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower to a steady simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the chicken and peel off the skin and discard.
- Then, shred the chicken off the bone and set aside, with any juices.
- Place the bones back into the soup pot and simmer for 10 more minutes, uncovered.
- While the bones simmer, slice the zucchinis halfway lengthwise.
- Then, spiralize OR buy spiral zucchini. Set aside.
- Remove the bones and bay leaves and discard.
- Add the reserved shredded chicken back to the pot along with the zucchini noodles.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until zucchini is al dente or cooked to your preference. Serve warm.