Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi
lemony recipe with shrimp and squash
- For the "pasta"
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- For the shrimp scampi
- 8 oz. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of half a lemon
How To Prepare
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place squash in the microwave for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Place the halves, with the cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Roast in the oven for 45-50 minutes, until you can poke the squash easily with a fork.
- Let it cool until you can handle it safely.
- Then scrape the insides with a fork to shred the squash into strands.
- After removing spaghetti squash from the oven, melt the butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in the shrimp, salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add in desired amount of cooked spaghetti squash.
- Toss with lemon juice and zest.
- Top with parsley to serve.