Spaghetti Squash Boats
Squash and hamburg
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 c fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
How To Prepare
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish.
- Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 inch.
- Bake uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minuets or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out squash, separating strands with a fork; set shells and squash aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add squash and mix well.
- Cook, uncovered, until liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Fill shells; place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.