Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Squash with Dijon Vinaigrette
•1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
•1 lb Brussels Sprouts, stems trimmed and sliced lengthwise in half
•1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt
•freshly ground black pepper Dijon Vinaigrette:
•2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
•1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
•2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
•two pinches of salt
•freshly ground black pepper
How To Prepare
- 1.Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the butternut squash chunks and halved Brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle them with the 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, and toss them with your hands to distribute the oil evenly
- Sprinkle the vegetables evenly with kosher salt and pepper, and toss them again with your hands.
- Spread the vegetables out evenly onto the baking sheet (tip: flip the Brussels sprouts so they are cut side down, they will caramelize much more evenly this way).
- Roast the vegetables at 450 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, tossing them gently 1 to 2 times during the roasting time to ensure that they caramelize evenly on all sides.
- Allow them to cool slightly while you prepare the Dijon vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard and rice wine vinegar.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking continuously with your other hand, until the ingredients are emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently place the roasted vegetables in large bowl.
- Pour on the Dijon vinaigrette and toss the vegetables gently until they are lightly dressed.
- Serve warm, lukewarm, or cold.