Pumpkin Turkey chili
Freezes well. Quick and easy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 medium red onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How To Prepare
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over the medium-high heat.
- Add turkey; cook and crumble till no longer pink
- then transfer to a large slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and give the mixture a good stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 or 3 hours.