Pete’s Sicilian Chicken
Chicken thighs with vegetables, smells indescribably good while cooking.
- 4-5 lb. skinless chicken thighs
- 3 onions, quartered
- 4-5 carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 T capers
- 1c kalamata olives, pits removed
- 5-7 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1c olive oil
- 1c red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
How To Prepare
- Remove fat & skin from chicken;
- place in roasting pan;
- pour on 1/2 of olive oil, rub all over chicken.
- Add capers, carrots,onions, olives and garlic.
- Mix together with chicken.
- Flow 1/2 of red wine vinegar over all & mix well by hand.
- Add remaining oil & red wine vinegar.
- Bake a minimum of 1h at 350 degrees.
- Check a few pieces to ensure chicken is properly cooked.
- Allow to set for a bit before serving.