Peg’s Breakfast Egg Custard
Delicious eggs and veggie dish for Key Hypnosis fans
1/2 c+ chopped broccoli
1/2 c+ chopped carro
t ½ c chopped white mushrooms (or sub. 2tbs of dried porcini shrooms)
1tbs grated parmesan
pepper bouquet garni* *Bouquet garni (something from the grocery store spice area) is not one specific formulation. The mix I used contains onion, celery, thyme, savory, chives, and bay leaves. You can substitute oregano and dill
How To Prepare
- Steam the broccoli, carrot and mushroom in about ¼" water for two minutes,
- Scramble the eggs (withhold four of the yolks)
- and season with pepper and bouquet garni.
- Combine egg and chopped vegetables in the top of a preheated, small double boiler
- . Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, folding the cooked egg back into the uncooked portion. The eggs are done when the soft potion reaches 170F.
- Garnish with parmesan, salt and pepper to taste