One-Pan Crispy Chicken Legs & Brussels Sprouts
quick and delicious dinner
• 2 whole chicken legs (skin on & bone in)
• 1 stalk of Brussels sprouts, stemmed and chopped
• 1 generous tbs of Olive Oil
• salt, pepper & granulated garlic
• 1 tbs olive oil, for sprouts
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1/4 cup chicken stock
• Parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)* very small amount
How To Prepare
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Wash, prep, de-stem and halve all of your Brussels sprouts.
3. Toss them in a bowl with your olive oil and a pinch or two of salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Season to your taste.
4. Wash your chicken legs and pat them dry.
5. Liberally season both sides of your legs with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Set aside.
6. Heat up your olive oil in your cast iron skillet until hot. To test, flick a drop of water into the oil. It should hiss and sizzle.
7. Once your oil is heated up, add your chicken legs to the pan face down.
8. Allow them to sit there and get crispy. This will take several minutes. Don't move them, even if you are tempted. Mine crisped up in 6-8 minutes.
9. Once the first side is crispy, flip your chicken legs over and crisp up the other side.
10. When both sides of the chicken are crisped up, add in your Brussels sprouts to the pan along with your chicken broth and lemon juice. Stir.
11. Place your pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
12. Garnish with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve, and it will still be super tasty.