Mashed Carrots with Cinnamon
a comforting, yet healthy side dish
2-pounds of organic carrots
2-Tbs. of butter
1/3-cup of whole milk
2-tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 Tbs. of cinnamon
1.5 tsp. of salt (1-tsp to boil carrots and 1/2 a teaspoon to season the carrots)
How To Prepare
1) peel and slice the carrots into 1-inch pieces
2) place the carrots into a sauce pan and cover them with water
3) add 1-tsp. of salt to the carrots/water and bring to a boil.
4) Gently boil the carrots until they are tender enough to pierce with a fork. This generally takes 25-30 minutes.
5) Drain well in a colander, letting the steam rise for a few minutes
6) add carrots, butter, milk, olive oil, 1/2 tsp. of salt and cinnamon to a food processor or mash and blend to smooth.