Lazy Golumpki (with no rice)
Ground beef with sauteed onion, garlic, cabbage and diced tomatoes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (with garlic, basil and oregano)
- 1 14.5 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- salt, pepper,
- garlic powder
- oregano to taste
How To Prepare
- In skillet, brown beef with onion and garlic.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Note: I never end up using the entire cabbage unless it is very small. I would suggest adding it in by the handful until you reach your desired amount. - I've also used ground turkey, ground chicken and ground venison in place of the ground beef. You can also add some hot sausage to kick it up a notch.