“Key” Eggplant Rollatini
Baked Eggplant with tomato sauce and cottage cheese
- 1-2 Eggplants (depending on number feeding)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (more if needed)
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- olive oil
- pinch of Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil or dry Fresh Thyme
- salt and pepper
How To Prepare
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel eggplant and cut off ends.
- Slice very thin (1/4") lengthwise. I use a mandolin to get them all the same.
- Brush both sides of slices with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay out on parchment paper on baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Grease or Pam a baking dish.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Make filling - put cottage cheese in a tall container (I use the cottage cheese container and do the whole thing). Then using an immersion blender (a/k/a stick blender, wand blender) put it into the cottage cheese, turn it on and pull it up. Do this over and over until the cottage cheese is smooth like Ricotta cheese.
- Add one egg (or 2 if using more cottage cheese), salt, pepper, fresh basil, fresh thyme, parmesan cheese to taste and mix up.
- Take about a tablespoon of the mixture and place on one end of the lengthwise piece of eggplant and roll.
- laying them in the bottom of the baking dish with the pasta sauce. Continue doing until you have no more eggplant.
- Pour the remaining pasta sauce over the eggplant.
- Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese and bake for about 30 minutes. This is SOOOO YUMMMMO!! Eat with a side of meatballs - what a meal!