Immune Boosting Chicken Soup
Not your Mama's chicken soup!
- 4 Whole bone-in skinless chicken legs
- 4 c. fat free chicken broth
- 2 c. water
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 carrots sliced
- chunks of butternut squash
- 1 lg. leek, white part and some of the green, rinsed and cut into 1/2" slices
- 6 c. packed torn spinach
- 1 lg. tomato cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1/4-1 tsp. hot sauce (optional)
How To Prepare
1. Divide chicken into thighs and drumsticks. Remove and discard any visible fat.
2. Place chicken in lg. saucepan or dutch oven. Add broth, water, garlic, ginger and pepper. Bring to boil over high heat. Skim off any foam that rises.
3.Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, skimming the surface occasionally.
4. Stir in the carrots, squash and leek . Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
5. Add the spinach and tomato and cook for 5 minutes or until the spinach is wilted and the tomato is heated through.
6. Add the hot sauce to taste.( optional )
* Makes 4 servings * So, my suggestion would be to make as much as you want to eat when ever you're hungry. And it freezes well. Enjoy!!