Grilled Zucchini and Turkey Kebabs with Sumac Yogurt Sauce
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 medium zucchini (about 1½ cups grated)
- 2 Tbsp chopped Fresh Mint
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- ½ tsp sumac
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
How To Prepare
- Preheat grill or oven to 350 depending on preferred cooking method.
- Grate zucchini and let it drain in a strainer while you prepare the yogurt sauce.
- Pour yogurt, lemon juice, sumac and salt into a small mixing bowl and stir together until combined.
- Set aside in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- Combine the ground turkey, grated zucchini, egg, fresh chopped mint, cumin, and salt into a medium sized mixing bowl and mix ingredients together until combined in a uniform mixture.
- On a sheet tray, form the mixture into kebab shaped patties (about 12).
- Place the patties on a hot, clean, and lightly oiled grill, for about 3-4 minutes for each side.
- Depending on the thickness of your kebabs and the temperature of your grill, you may need to flip them more than once to ensure they are cooked through and do not burn. If you don’t have a grill you can saute the patties in a pan with some oil, browning them on both sides and then placing them on a baking sheet to finish in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with yogurt sauce.