Green Beans with onions & peppers
delicious side dish at Christmastime with the holiday colors in it
- 2 lbs. fresh green beans, whole but trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground marjoram
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
How To Prepare
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large skillet, cook green beans in simmering water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3) In the same skillet, add oil, peppers and onions and sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat, until soft and starting to brown. Mix in marjoram and a sprinkle of salt & pepper, then add green beans and coat completely.
4) Transfer green bean mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish.
5) Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.