Crispy Parmesan Cauliflower Hash Brown Squares or Tots
Delicious substitute for cloud bread to make sandwiches
- 1 head of cauliflower riced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/3 Cup chives or scallions chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
How To Prepare
- Set oven to 400 and put parchment paper on a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Rice the cauliflower in a food processor and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower with 1/2 tsp salt and mix to combine.
- Let cauliflower sit for 20 minutes
- then transfer the cauliflower into a bowl lined with a dish towel.
- Wrap the towel closed and squeeze out as much of the water from the cauliflower you can (important to get out as much water as you can).
- Placed the strained cauliflower in a clean bowl
- add the olive oil, eggs, parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp salt, basil, garlic, chives or scallions and ground black pepper and mix to combine.
- Using a serving spoon, scoop out the cauliflower mixture and place on the parchment paper.
- Shape into sandwich size squares or smaller tots depending on what you want to serve.
- Bake for 15 minutes,
- remove from oven, flip over and bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before serving as Cauliflower Tots or Hash Brown Sandwich Squares for a sandwich.
- If using as a sandwich put protein in the sandwich and pan fry to crisp up like you would a grilled sandwich. So delicious.