Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
Delicious and moist chicken
- 2 skin on chicken leg quarters with bone
- 1/4 cup soy sauce divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder divided
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt divided
- 1/2 tsp dill weed divided
How To Prepare
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Line a large glass baking dish with foil.
- Separate the skin from the chicken, making sure the skin stays attached at most points on the chicken (you just want a flap. Do not remove the skin).
- Brush the chicken under the skin with soy sauce.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, seasoned salt and dill weed on the chicken under the skin and rub it into the chicken.
- Arrange legs in pan, skin side up, making sure not to crowd.
- Brush both sides of chicken leg with soy sauce. Sprinkle the skin with garlic powder, seasoned salt and dill weed.
- Place on middle rack in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, increase temp to 400 and bake 15 minutes. Chicken is done when internal temp reaches 165 in thickest part of thigh.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving