Coffee Spiced Roast Chicken
- 2 tsp ground coffee
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, 3 to 4 pounds, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup water or broth in bottom of pan
How To Prepare
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coffee, chili powder, salt, garlic, oregano, pepper, and cumin.
- Place chicken on a roasting pan. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with spice mixture.
- Roast 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and pour broth or water into the bottom of the pan.
- Roast another 30 to 45 minutes, or until nicely browned and an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 160F to 165F.
- Let chicken rest 5 minutes before carving.