egg based rounds
CLOUD BREAD submitted by: Martine Beausoleil Dorsey
3 eggs, separated
3 tablespoons of whole milk cottage cheese
1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
How To Prepare
- Separate the eggs very carefully, there must be NO yolks in the whites In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 3 Tlbs. Of Cottage Cheese
- In the other bowl and 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice to the egg whites and beat the whites on high speed until fluffy and form stiff peaks
- Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but try not to break down the fluffiness.
- Line cook sheets with parchment paper.
- With a large spoon "scoop" the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half a good size hamburger bun. Roughly 3/4 in. Thick and 4 to 5 in. Across.
- Bake on the middle rack. Here is when you have to watch them because the cooking is not the same on any two batches. It is somewhere around 1/2 hr. But could be less or more. You just need to watch them so the are a nice golden brown, the color of a hamburger bun.
- Remove from th pans and cool on a rack or cutting board. While warm they are crumbly and similar to a cooked meringue, but don't let this fool you! Once completely cooled, seal them in a ziplock storage baggie or a tupperware container. If doing more then one layer, separate with parchment paper. If keeping for more than a day, I would put them in the fridge because the can cold due to having no preservatives. Great for burgers or any kind of sandwiches. Can also add herbs or spices to add flavor. Can experiment and make them you own favorite. Enjoy!!