Classic Chinese Dumpling Filling
traditinal filling for Chinese dumplings
- 8 oz ground pork
- 1/2 bunch scallions (green and white parts) finely chopped
- clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp freshly grated peeled ginger
- 2 tbLs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil Optional:
- finely chopped Napa cabbage
- Dipping Sauce: 1/4 soy sauce
- 2 tbls rice vinegar
- 1 tsp thinly sliced scallions, white part only
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
How To Prepare
- Mix all dumpling filling ingredients together.
- Place all in a pan either in a patty form or broken up and cooked loosely (latter is my preference) and cook over medium heat until done.
- Serve with an approved vegetable of your choice.
- You may use the dipping sauce