Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Very simple recipe that tastes awesome
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken (I use chicken thighs and grind it myself)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
How To Prepare
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion,soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes;
- season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.