Cauliflower- Sausage Stuffing
Stuffing side dish for turkey or other meat
16 oz of mild sausage, breakfast or Italian
½ cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery and leaves, chopped
1 c fresh fennel, chopped
1 head cauliflower, chopped
1-2 grated carrots or parsnips, optional
1 c diced mushrooms, optional
1/2 c chicken or turkey stock
¼ cup parsley, chopped
1 tsp fresh sage, minced
salt and pepper to taste
How To Prepare
- Brown the sausage in a large pan, breaking it up into small pieces.
- Add the onions, carrot, fennel, mushrooms and celery to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for about 8-10minutes. You want it to brown some, so don't stir too often.
- Add the stock and cook on medium heat until none remains.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and sage.
- Season with salt and pepper.