Cauliflower fried ‘rice’ recipe
Cauliflower fried 'rice' recipe
• 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower
• 2 Tbsp canola oil • ½ yellow onion, finely diced
• 1 small carrot, very finely diced
• ¼ tsp salt • ½ cup frozen peas
• 4 green onions, sliced
• 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce (more to taste)
• ½ tsp sesame oil
How To Prepare
1. Remove the florets from the head of cauliflower, cutting off any tough stems. Transfer the florets to a food processor and pulse until the pieces have become the size of grains of rice. If you don’t have a food processor, grate the florets with a cheese grater—it should yield about 4 cups of cauliflower ‘rice.’ Set aside.
2. Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp canola oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion, carrot and salt then cook for about 4−5 minutes until the onion and carrot soften.
3. Add in the peas and cauliflower and cook for about 5−6 minutes, stirring constantly until the cauliflower is heated through.
4. Mix in the green onions, soy sauce and sesame oil, stir until well combined then taste for seasoning. Add a little more soy sauce if necessary.
5. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving dish and enjoy! If you want to add eggs for a more traditional fried rice, simply scramble one or two eggs and stir to combine just before you serve!