A different way of having a Burger
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 4 slicing tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepepr
- 1/4 c.shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 pickle coins
How To Prepare
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, then stir in garlic.
- Add ground beef, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, and cook until the beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Drain fat.
- Season with salt and pepper, then stir in ketchup and mustard.
- Flip tomatoes so they are stem-side down. Cut the tomatoes into six wedges, being careful to not cut completely through the tomato.
- Carefully spread open the wedges.
- Divide cooked ground beef evenly among the tomatoes,
- then top each with lettuce. Garnish with pickle coins