Buffalo Turkey Casserole
A better version of the Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I have per minced garlic and I use a big whooping tablespoon)
- 2 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 pound ground turkey (2-1lb packages)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add your favorite Hot Sauce (I use Cholula, and use as much as I like to my liking)
- 3 large eggs, whisked
How To Prepare
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and de-seed
3. Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the skin gives when you press your finger to it.
4. Remove the squash from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
5. Grease a 8 x 11 glass baking dish with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
6. Let the squash cool then scoop into large bowl and mash,
7. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
8. Add the garlic, carrot, celery, onion, and bell pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent and veggies are soft. Put them in bowl with squash.
9. To the same skillet, add the ground tukey, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and cook, using a wooden spatula to break up the turkey into small pieces, until the turkey is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
10. Add turkey to bowl of veggies and mix well, add the hot sauce and eggs to combine.
11. Put the mixture into the baking dish
12. Bake for 1 hour.