baked Mac and Cheese without mac or cheese
Pinch of yum
- 2 cups of Cauliflower
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 small butternut squash (4-5 cups cubed)
- 3 cups of broth
- 3/4 c milk
- 1/3c Parmesan Cheese
- 1c cottage cheese
- 1lb chicken diced
- for topping salt and pepper
How To Prepare
- Saute onions then add chicken over med heat until fragrant and golden (20min)
- Meanwhile, remove the skin and seeds from the squash.
- Cut into cubes.
- Bring the broth to a boil and add the squash.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain, reserved 1/2 cup broth, and transfer squash to blender.
- Add the onions, milk, cottage cheese and reserved broth and puree until completely smooth and creamy.
- Should yield 4 cups sauce. (the sauce freezes well)
- Cook cauliflower until soft. Add cauliflower and chicken to glass baking dish and added Parmesan cheese.
- Pour Squash mixture over the top and stir until its all mixed together.
- You may need to add more milk to adjust consistency as needed.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes