Baked Haddock with spinach and salsa.
Layered Spinach Salsa mixture and haddock
- Olive oil
- Haddock (or any white fish)
- Salsa (drained)
- Salt and pepper
How To Prepare
Haddock baked on a bed of spinach and salsa Makes 4 servings 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil 2 cloves garlic, minced (I don't like a strong garlic taste so I just cut a clove in half and sauteed it with the spinach and then removed it) 1 bag (10-ounce) baby spinach 1 cup salsa, drained 1 pound haddock fillets, (cod or other firm white fish could be substituted), cut into 4 portions Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Coat an 8-inch square or other small glass baking dish with a little butter.
2. In a large skillet over medium-low, heat the oil. Add the garlic and stir until it begins to color, about 1 minute. Add the spinach, a handful at a time, and cook until it is all wilted. Stir in the salsa, then remove from the heat.
3. Arrange half the spinach mixture in a layer over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange the fish in a single layer over it. Season with pepper. Spread the remaining greens mixture over the fish.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish is opaque at the center. Delicious!