Bacon Wrapped Meatballs over Butternut Squash
Bacon Wrapped Meatballs over Butternut Squash Puree
- 1 large butternut squash
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 pieces of bacon
How To Prepare
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the bulb off of the butternut squash and just use the end. It’s just easier to work with.
- Cut the skin off the butternut squash then dice the butternut squash into bit size pieces.
- Place butternut squash on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- sprinkle with garlic and onion powder and salt, mix well to coat the squash.
- In a bowl, mix together ground pork, onion, garlic cloves, and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Make 10 equal sized meatballs.
- Cut all pieces of bacon in half.
- Wrap a half piece of bacon around the meatball, then the other piece in the opposite direction. Tuck the ends of the bacon underneath the meatball then place it cut side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until butternut squash is soft and meatballs are firm.